This year’s Deni Ute Muster gets canned – McIvor Times

This year’s Deni Ute Muster gets canned

The 2020 Deni Ute Muster has happened officially cancelled.

Deni Play on the Plains Festival Inc was yesterday managed to pull the pin on the noted event — for the first time in its 22 year history — due to escalating affects and restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic.

Its board and staff revealed it was the sensible choice given risk to health, border closures and the increased reliance on health helps, police and other emergency services to get a boss on what is being described as a binary wave of positive COVID-19 cases.

‘‘Despite our the majority best efforts to continue with planning for our 22nd event, we are saddened to announce the cancellation of the 2020 Deni Ute Muster,’’ general executive Vicky Lowry said.

‘‘After consultation with government and health officials, and due to the current outbreaks and changes fleet occurring, it has become impossible to foresee what determination be happening in the coming months.

‘‘There were no guarantees that we would be able to put the health and security of all involved as our main priority.

‘‘2020 Deni Ute Muster tickets and private Camping tickets will be automatically valid for the 2021 Muster to be detained October 1 and 2, 2021. If you are retaining your label for 2021 there is no further act for you to take.

‘‘If you are unable to aid the rescheduled date in 2021, you may ask a refund from Oztix. Refunds requests are available from now until 30 September, 2020.

‘‘We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and wait on. We will continue to respond to questions on our social media moneys as we begin to move forward and notion for 2021, where we look forward to seeing you at what time we will be back bigger and stronger.’’

Muster chairman Russell Tait supposed it became evident with changes in COVID-19 response this week that holding the event would be ‘‘impossible’’.

‘‘First and foremost is the health and safety of our own community, and secondly we had to consider that police and health resources are greatest stretched at the moment,’’ he said.

‘‘With all those things in desire we knew we were not in a station to put on the event.

‘‘It is sad that we possess been unable to proceed with the event this year, because up until this week we were peaceful fairly confident we could hold an event perhaps just in a reduced capacity.’’

Mr Tait said the cancellation of the event desire also be a financial blow, but spoke the Muster is slightly insulated after some successful acts in the past few years.

‘‘This desire of course come at a huge cost for us. This cancellation basically takes us attend to ground zero.’’

Mrs Lowry said Muster fans desire still have something to look forward to this year, with the Deni Ute Muster museum and Muster HQ development mild on track to be completed in September.

It is being built at the Deni Ute Muster location, to make a one stop tourism and educational attraction.

‘‘We’ll acquire an opening of some sort, depending on what restrictions allow,’’ Mrs Lowry said.

‘‘So far this year we occupy been splitting our time between organising the 2020 event and unsheathing the site and new offices ready, and now we can put so powerful more effort in to the new space.

‘‘The staff roles desire change a little bit from now, and we’ll be out at the set planting trees, getting the buildings ready and going through the memorabilia.

‘‘We’re all exasperated to be part of that, and purchase a bit of ownership of the treat, and we can’t wait to share it among everyone.’’

To register for a 2020 sign refund, go to https://forms.oztix.com.au/RefundRequest/. 

This article was available by www.mcivortimes.com.au with title This year’s Deni Ute Muster gets canned – McIvor Times.
Please share for reference.

Author: apprentice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

17 − thirteen =