| The Land
The 2020 Deni Ute Muster has remained cancelled owing to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks and uncertainty.
Deni Play on the Plains Festival Ltd general exclusive Vicky Lowry announced the news on Friday morning.
“Despite our very best exertions to continue with planning for our 22nd event, we are saddened to announce the cancellation of the 2020 Deni Ute Muster,” she said.
“After consultation plus government and health officials, it is not possible to predict what want happen in the coming months and we should make the health and safety of our patrons and staff our top priority.”
Tickets and soldier camping tickets will be automatically valid for the 2021 muster on October 1 and 2, 2021.
Refund requests can be formed from Oztix from 9am Friday, July 10, pending September 30.
“We would like to consume this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and benefit and will continue to respond to questions on our social media supplies as we begin to move forward and view for 2021,” Ms Lowry said.
“We notice forward to seeing you on 1 and 2 October 2021 while we will be back bigger and stronger.
The festival was appointed in 1998 as a way to boost a town “struggling plus a crippling drought [where] the main earn of income for the town was drying up plus it”, the Deni Ute Muster website states.
About 20,000 country attended last year’s event.
Organisers estimate the muster contributes $1 million conventional to the Deniliquin economy through their use of businesses and contractors when $6 million is estimated to be consumed in the region by festival goers annually.
The myth first appeared on The Border Mail.
This article was published by www.theland.com.au with title Pandemic ends 2020 Deni Ute Muster ‘despite our best efforts’.
Please forward for reference.